Book– It Ends with us
Author – Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster India; First Edition (5 August 2016)
Paperback: 384 pages
It Ends with Us is a book that follows a girl named Lily who has just moved and is ready to start her life after college. Lily then meets a guy named Ryle and she falls for him. As she is developing feelings for Ryle, Atlas, her first love, reappears and challenges the relationship between Lily and Ryle.
The story is very well written with beautiful twists and turns. I love the character named Atlas. This is such a great book. Very well written. This is the first book by Colleen Hoover that I ever read. But after this book, I have read a lot of her work. Great book with a great concept and a great end. Her writing is so incredible and polished. I just love the way she writes, it is so simple yet so amazing. In this book, I have learned so much. It’s one of my favourites by Colleen Hoover.
I can’t recommend this book enough. You should read this book. I think a lot of people already read this book but if not then definitely read this amazing book.
Some of my favourite quotes from this book
- I’m more focused on other people, and how they ultimately decide to just end their own lives. Do they ever regret it?
- “Do you ever wish people were more transparent?”
- “Naked truths aren’t always pretty.”
- “There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.”
- No one is exclusively bad, nor is anyone exclusively good. Some are just forced to work harder at suppressing the bad.
- I want you for so much more than just one
- I kiss her on the forehead and make her a promise. “It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.”
Book: It starts with us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster; First Edition (18 October 2022); Simon & Schuster
Paperback: 352 pages
Lily and her ex-husband, Ryle, have just settled into a civil co-parenting rhythm when she suddenly bumps into her first love, Atlas, again. After nearly two years separated, she is elated that for once, time is on their side, and she immediately says yes when Atlas asks her on a date.
But her excitement is quickly hampered by the knowledge that, though they are no longer married, Ryle is still very much a part of her life—and Atlas Corrigan is the one man he will hate being in his ex-wife and daughter’s life.
I was so excited about this book since I loved the first book a lot. I read this book as soon as it came out. And I kind of do not like this book that much. It is not what I expected. I love the atlas and his brother’s duo in the book but the other book kind of feels like an epilogue to me. Nothing very special and good.
Overall, it’s an okay book. You can read this book if you want. But this book is not as good as the first one.
Some of my favourite quotes from this book:
- I spent years making excuses for why my life wasn’t good enough for her to be a part of it, but Lily always fit. She was a perfect fit.
- “I’m so glad you decided to be a chef and not a therapist. You suck at advice.”
- Every word she wrote is taking me right back to when we were teenagers. There are so many times I want to laugh at the things she says and how she says them, but I stifle my laughter so that I don’t startle her.
- He moved his fingers up and through my hair, and then he leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. I was breathing so hard, I had to open my mouth to catch more air. I could see his chest moving just as hard as mine was. He looked down at me and I watched as his eyes went right to my mouth. “Have you ever been kissed, Lily?” I shook my head no and tilted my face up to his because I needed him to change that right then and there or I wasn’t gonna be able to breathe. Then—almost as if I were made of eggshells—he lowered his mouth to mine and just rested it there.
- I think I loved her more than I’ve ever loved anyone after that moment.
- I prefer honesty over loyalty any day because with honesty comes loyalty.
- I realized that just because you’re born into a group of people, that doesn’t make them your family.
- I can’t tell you what that means to me, knowing that you have our heart placed in the very spot where I once secretly buried the words I love you.
Leave a Reply